Sunday, 23 September 2012

Product Review - Alfresco Natural Anti-Bug Bite Moisturiser and Acqua Spray - Follow-up testing


Following on from my previous testing, earlier in the year, Sarah-Lou from Alfresco very kindly supplied me with some more Anti-Bug Bite Moisturiser and Acqua D'Alfresco spray to test on my summer holiday.

Unfortunately, my husband couldn't get enough time off work to go on a proper holiday - however, we did manage a weekend away camping which probably gave us more opportunity to test the insect repellent than our usual fortnight in France would have!

One evening I forgot to zip the fly-sheet closed on the tent and loads of flies were attracted by the torchlight into the tent. I closed the fly-sheet once I realised but the tent was already full of flies. They were horrid, little biting kinds of flies, a mixture of what appeared to be mosquitoes and midges, so I was very worried about us spending the whole night with them. I sprayed the Acqua D'Alfresco spray around the inside of the tent and also on my, my daughter's and my husband's arms and legs and hoped for the best. In the morning all three of us were bite-free.

Our tent

I have also had a colleague at work test the spray for me. She is very prone to insect bites and often gets bitten while she is out walking her dogs. The week before I gave her a 7.5ml pocket sized spray to try out she showed me a huge lump on the back of her leg. She had reacted so badly to a bite that her leg had swollen up so much that the lump was visible through her jeans. This was not a one-off incident. She said she'd had a similar reaction to a bite on her shoulder a couple of weeks earlier. I thought she could really do with some insect repellent that worked! So she was very happy to test the Alfresco for me. Several weeks on and she hasn't been bitten again on the occasions that she has used the spray so she is pleased to report that it is very effective.


The fragrance is unisex and the products are popular with both men and women - and also suitable for children (avoid spray but can use moisturiser on babies). Alfresco is actually the leading brand of insect repellent for film stars while filming on location and is effective against mosquitoes, as well as other insects. Made from a blend of over twenty essential oils, including cinnamon, cedarwood, patchouli and orange oil, it is also Deet and paraben-free.



It is available as a moisturiser and a spray and both come in two different sizes.

Alfresco Anti-Bug Bite Moisturiser 200ml (6.8 fl oz)
and
Pocket Anti-Bug Bite Moisturiser 50ml (1.7 fl oz) 4 pack
are both £25.00

Acqua D'Alfresco spray 50ml (1.7 fl oz)
and
Pocket Acqua D'Alfresco spray 7.5ml (0.225 fl oz) 4 pack
are both £30.00


For every Alfresco purchase, a percentage of profit will go to www.malarianomore.org. Alfresco is fully committed to helping eradicate malaria worldwide.
More information can be found at http://alfrescoshop.com

1 comment:

  1. Very useful information, thanks for your generosity. More power to you!

    ReplyDelete